Conference ThemeTSD 2016 will address the following topics within the field of natural language processing:
- corpora, texts and transcription
- speech analysis, recognition and synthesis
- their intertwining within NL dialogue systems
- Corpora and Language Resources (monolingual, multilingual, text and spoken corpora, large web corpora, disambiguation, specialized lexicons, dictionaries)
- Speech Recognition (multilingual, continuous, emotional speech, handicapped speaker, out-of-vocabulary words, alternative way of feature extraction, new models for acoustic and language modelling)
- Tagging, Classification and Parsing of Text and Speech (morphological and syntactic analysis, synthesis and disambiguation, multilingual processing, sentiment analysis, credibility analysis, automatic text labeling, summarization, authorship attribution)
- Speech and Spoken Language Generation (multilingual, high fidelity speech synthesis, computer singing)
- Semantic Processing of Text and Speech (information extraction, information retrieval, data mining, semantic web, knowledge representation, inference, ontologies, sense disambiguation, plagiarism detection)
- Integrating Applications of Text and Speech Processing (natural language understanding, question-answering strategies, assistive technologies)
- Machine Translation (statistical, rule-based, example-based, hybrid, text and speech translation)
- Automatic Dialogue Systems (self-learning, multilingual, question-answering systems, dialogue strategies, prosody in dialogues)
- Multimodal Techniques and Modelling (video processing, facial animation, visual speech synthesis, user modelling, emotions and personality modelling)
Format of the ConferenceTSD 2016 will be an international conference with a limited number of active participants. Priority will be given to persons presenting a paper. The conference program will include presentation of invited papers, oral presentations, and poster/demonstration sessions. Papers will be presented in plenary or topic oriented sessions.
Social events including a trip in the vicinity of Brno will allow for
additional informal interactions.